Do you remember the second box I made last week? The one that I tore stuff off? Here is a reminder if you don’t remember.
I only added a couple of “structure strips” to the places that had been damaged by my ripping stuff off.
More black acrylic paint was slathered over the box edges, inside and out, of both the box and the lid.
I’m using the DCWV Mariposa paper collection again.
These two sheets will be the outside of the box.
Papers for inside the box.
CRAPAZOID!!!! I missed a whole section of the inside of the box with the black acrylic paint
Using another sheet of paper from the DCWV Mariposa papers I covered the outside of the lid.
These papers are supposed to be all coordinating and used together or independently. I’m not 100% sure I like this color scheme but I’m going to just live with it. I really like the paper on the lid.
I’ve used this paper on other projects over the past four or five years. My supply is dwindling away to the point I’m not sure what Box #3 is going to look like The plastic packing I’ve saved for use with die cutting fits in this box very well.
I’ve made a label for the front of this box. So I know what is in there. Moving my stash around every year over the winter…when I get back home from my truck driving I can’t remember where I put stuff. Hopefully….HOPEFULLY!!!!!…..that is done – finished – retired – and I will be home all this coming year.
I have a Stampin’ Up! products called “Hodgepodge Hardware”. I don’t think this product is sold any longer. I’ve had this for about five years and it doesn’t get used.
There are all sorts of goodies in this box.
I’ve chosen the largest label thing-a-ma-bob for this box. I used another one for the card box I made and I’ll show you that one at the end of this post.
I drew around the metal piece on the back side of one of the Mariposa paper scraps and cut around it.
Using another scrap of the Mariposa paper I covered a piece of chipboard about 1/2 inch larger than the hardware piece.
Mark where the holes will be punched.
I printed a label from my DYMO LabelWriter to be a centered on the label piece.
Now I can attach this label to the box with hot glue.
Now I have two (2) boxes complete 😀 I’m pretty happy with how they have turned out.
I like the brown with the pink better now.
So, there you have it. A pretty box that had been damaged. You don’t even know where the under side had been torn and ripped. Abracadabra and Hocus Pocus! It’s magic 😀
If there is anyone that would be interested in a video tutorial on making these storage boxes from scratch please let me know. If there is enough interest I will do it.