Graphic 45’s ABC Primer altered desk organizer.

This is the last desk organizer I had purchased from Office Depot and their Clearance Bin a couple years ago.

This one is for Kari, who is a Social Worker of sorts.  She teaches teen mothers how to parent their little ones.  I think she also works with mothers that will be getting their children back from Social Services as well.

Ever appropriate me.  The paper I’ve chosen for Kari’s box is from Graphic 45’s “ABC Primer”.  The cover piece is an image of a children in an old school where all ages attended.  It also shows one child spanking another child but I’ve cut that part away 😉  Can’t have that showing.  I love this paper.  The graphics remind me of my grade school days – back with the dinosaurs – in the late 1950’s and early 1960’s.  The days when reading books were “See Spot Run” and adventures with Dick and Jane along with Spot.

Graphic 45's ABC Primer

This is the inside of the box.  Sorry about the shortness of this post.  We are trying to get back to work and I am running out of time.

Inside of desk organizer

Hope you all have a fantastic week.  Time to get going now.  I’ll be watching what you are doing as I travel.


References for “Homemade glue dots” and a stolen trick from Tracy

My friend, Lynn, from the UK had asked if I knew of a “caulk” type of product that is used to make glue dots.

The consensus seems to be a product called “Aleene’s Tack it Over and Over”.  It is a repositionable glue with a fairly strong bond.

Aleen’s Tack It Over and Over is available, here in the US, at Michaels, Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby, and from

Aleen’s Tack It Over and Over is available in the UK at

Here are some links to blogs I’ve found that have successfully used this product as glue dots and each blogger has recommendations of his/her own on how best to make these.

  1. The Frugal Crafter
  2. Scraps of Reflection
  3. Splitcoast Stampers Forum

Here is a YouTube video demonstrating how to use Aleen’s Tack It Over and Over

Hope this answers the questions I’ve received.  Now on to my thievery 😀

Tracy, of Tracys Treasurers, had a video a while back showing how to use the metal duct tape (NOT the vinyl duck tape) and embossing folders.

While Joe was in the hospital over the weekend…..

Joe in the hospital

I brought my craft tote up to work on more of the desk organizer boxes.  I was feeling a bit guilty 😦  I don’t know what kind of mother you are, but I have this voice in the back of my  head saying “If you do it for one you have to do something for all”.  I mean, I can’t just show up to Florida with my kids arriving and only have things I’ve made for two of them.  I can’t show favoritism.  Even to my grown up kids.  That just is not right.

While Joe was confined and bored I put him to work on a piece to add to one of the boxes.  My son-in-law (Carissa’s husband) is one creative guy and he is amazing.  I asked Joe for a mechanical drawing that I could add to Jaime’s box.  Joe first rendered the drawing on some scrap notebook paper I had in my tote.  I wadded it up, carefully opened it, then smeared it with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  Then I glued it to the top of the box.

hand drawn mechanical drawingJoe wanted to make a better drawing when we finally got home.  Which he did.  This drawing is an optical illusion.  Totally cool, huh! 😀

Optical illusion

I wanted gears to be a feature on this box for Jaime but things just kind of went pair shaped.

Cuttlebug embossing folder and metal duct tape

I like how it has turned out.  Getting home and ramming around through my ancient stash pieces I finally found the things that would make this piece pull together.

Organizer box for Jaime

Then, of course, after having made the organizer box for Loreli I felt it was necessary to make one for her husband, Chad.  He is a golfer, and was once a golf instructor in Florida.  While I fussed around with Jaime’s box and got stranded I went to work on Chad’s until I had a breakthrough with Jaime’s.  Chad’s was finished first in the hospital.

Golf themed organizer box

I have one more box to complete yet tonight before we get back to our day jobs.  If I have time tomorrow morning I’ll show you the last box.  Then all my children that will be with us in Florida will all have something handmade by me 😀

Gotta get running, my time is really running out.  Have a fantastic week everyone.  I will now that Joe is out of danger and ready to resume our lives 😀


Previous Older Entries