I don’t know what you guys have in your tool stash. I have cheated. This card challenge is from Splitcoast Stampers from a long, long time ago.
Joe got home at 3:00 a.m. yesterday morning and I stayed up waiting for him. Having risen at 5:00 a.m. Tuesday morning then staying up just 2 hours short of 24 this old broad was not in any kind of shape to do much of anything. Yesterday was a lost day.
Your challenge is this:
- Use at least three paper colors. The largest will be for the #1 spot on the SC11 example. It is shown below these instructions.
- The main image area (noted as #1) will be an EMBOSSED background. Use one of your embossing folders
- The sentiment area (“DAD” in example) you can use coordinating papers for mats if you choose.
- Use PUNCHES or DIES in the sentiment. For example, a Stampin’ Up! Top Note die filled with lovely stuff 😀 along with your sentiment. Or a Scallop Oval punch with your sentiment inside. You know what you have.
- To the right of the card (noted as #2) use a coordinating piece of paper, either design or plain.
- At the intersection of the two pieces of paper (#1 and #2) cover with a ribbon. Bow is not essential. If you choose to put a bow that is fine 😀
- Use your PUNCHES to make the three embellished items (noted as #3-A, 3-B, and 3-C) on the right hand side. These don’t need to be circles. They can be whatever you want.
- Stamp images to go in the three punched areas on the right. Flowers or other embellishments would be great in your punched pieces, too.
- You are free to use whatever product you wish. Heat emboss, distress inks, crackle glazes, whatever you want to use.
- Most important item in this list. HAVE FUN 😀
Once you have created your masterpiece 😀 upload it to your blog with details of what you used and did. Linda – since you are a total whiz with your computer go ahead and upload your card to your IP address thing as you did before. Awesome bit of techy know how 😀
After you’ve uploaded to your blog leave a link in the comments section of this post so we can all enjoy your beautiful creations :D. I will be posting my card creation here also. I’ll try to get it done on Saturday after I get Joe sorted with his trucks tomorrow.
One other thing. I have some prizes which I still have to photograph and post, which I will be doing later today. Tonight I’ll post those to be put up automatically tomorrow while I’m otherwise occupied 😀
Ready? Set? Create! or as my friend across the pond would say. Ready? Steady? Create! 😀
Dang, I can’t even follow my own directions 🙂 Okay, anyway here is the card I made this afternoon.
- Whisper White card stock – 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/4
- Chocolate Chip card stock – 4 x 4
- Close To Cocoa – 1-1/4 x 4
- Whisper White card stock – 3-3/4 x 3-3/4
- QuicKutz Embossing Folder – Stripes Label
- Chocolate Chip card stock – 3-3/8 x 2-3/8
- SU Paper Pack – Subtles cut to fit around embossed Thank You
- Ellison’s Easy Emboss – Thank You
- SU – Old Olive Classic Ink smeared to highlight the Thank You
- Unknown Source 1/4″ Cream Satin Ribbon cut to 4″
- 4″ Crystal beaded strand – Hobby Lobby
- 1/4″ Terrifically Tacky Tape to adhere satin ribbon
- Beacon’s 3-in-1 Craft Glue to adhere crystal beaded strand
- Recollections Foam Squares to mount Thank You to QuiKutz embossed piece
- Chocolate Chip card stock – 15/16″
- McGill Craftivity punch – 15/16″
- SU Paper Pack 3/4″ x 3/4″
- Emagination 3/4″ punch
I think I’ve included everything.