Lynn Claridge, from Gardenpinks, has accepted the role of Challenge Hostess for the current challenge. It is altering a Domino. I’ve seen some of her work and it is fantastic. I have also watched many YouTube videos on altering Dominoes.
A small area to gussy up. Perfect environment for OOPSIES. Major Oopsies! So I had to do some “testing” first to make sure of my trusty “Miracle Fix It” 😀
YES! It took the alcohol ink off and the Staz-On ink. As you can see there is still a faint outline of the stamped image I had placed over the alcohol ink.
Next was to see if a heat embossed Oopsy could be cleaned off. I stamped the coffee mug image from a Stampin’ Up! set (Cafe Matutino) I have had with VersaMark ink and Staz-On Jet Black ink…
Liberally loaded the Domino down with silver embossing powder…..
Heated the embossing powder on the Domino…..
Liberally pounced alcohol ink all over the front of the Domino. This was left to dry for a little over two hours while I took Joe to our doctor to find out what is the matter with him. According to our Doctor Joe has “Cooties” living in his lower intestines. Our Doctor further said “Foreigners have moved in and are tearing up the joint”.
To decipher that “Medical Speak” Joe has somehow picked up a bacteria that has moved to his lower intestines where they don’t belong. The bacteria is causing a lot of trouble and has my poor Joe as week as a kitten. He’s been sleeping nearly all day long for the past two days and has not had much to eat. A shot, a prescription, and some other strange pills are beginning to do their work and Joe is beginning to feel like himself once again.
Okay, back to the Domino. After the alcohol ink and embossing sat for a couple hours I came back home to use the rubbing alcohol on the Domino. Oh, I forgot. I had also put some Rub & Buff on the Domino before we left.
I had to do a little scraping with my fingernail to get the embossing off but it did all come off. Having a clean paper towel to use on cleaning up would have not left streaks but I’m glad this all is working 😀
I have used Tim Holtz’ Alcohol Ink in the colors of Stream, Wild Plum, and Slate. This stuff is totally COOL. I like the look of the Domino with nothing else on it. I really like the mottling of the different colors and the dark edges that get left behind.
I used Inkadinkadoo Clear Stamps on the front of the Dominoes. Coated the edges with a Krylon Gold Pen Marker. I like the way these came out, but they are just a bit too dark for my tastes. I know that I can change that with the rubbing alcohol.
I then used Tim Holtz Meadow and Butterscotch Alcohol Inks to try for a lighter color. I did not use a clean felt pad.
I used another Inkadinkadoo Clear Stamp. This one with the word “Nest”.
Joe helped me with drilling the holes. What am I saying?! He didn’t help me. He did it by himself 😀 He’s got such fancy tools and wants to do something so why stop him 😀
Now that I have actually done some of these I can venture into them a little more confidently. Maybe I’ll find some paper to put on these. I have not covered the four I’ve made with Glossy Accents or any other type of sealer so I can clean these off and begin again.
This has been pretty easy to do. I will be playing with them more once I finish the Poker Post-It- Note Holders for Tim. I’ll have those finished this weekend. Then on to other projects.
Enjoy your weekend. Looks like snow for some of the northern states. Here it will remain in the high 40’s low 50’s for a few more days. Have fun whatever you do 😀