The butterfly has been saved from the trash bin 🙂
After cutting it free from the mess I made, it was attached using Mod Podge to a sanded motel key.
The back was glued to a scrap of paper from the DCWV Mariposa paper and cut out.
Heating one wing with the heat tool I pressed the wing against a ceramic tile I use. I kept watch for any buckling during this process to make sure it was not over heated.
The base is covered with paper from Club Scrap, the focal piece is from DCWV Mariposa stack that I “fussy cut”. The Post-It-Note cover is a piece of Real Red from Stampin’ Up! and a scrap from Mariposa is added to decorate the cover. I have twisted wire for antennae and added fake pearls to the top. The edges of the butterfly I’ve covered using a Krylon gold pen.
This has been my attempt to make the butterfly look as though it has just landed. It is attached to the cover using E6000.
The next one I made is fairly “plain” compared to the rest I’ve made. The base paper is from an S-E-I Moonrise stack. The Post-It-Note cover is also from the same stack. I’ve stamped a Club Scrap image on a piece of Whisper White from Stampin’ Up! using Tea Dye Distress Ink from Ranger. The sentiment is also from Club Scrap and it is stamped using Black Staz-On ink.
Tim has requested that I make three holders representing the colleges for specific people in his life. I went on the Internet and did some Google searching to find the images for each particular college mascot.
This first one is for Tim’s Dad. He is a UCLA Bruins fan. The base is covered in Brilliant Blue from Stampin’ Up! and the Post-It-Note cover is Close To Cocoa from Stampin’ Up!. I printed the football terms I created on a piece of Stampin’ Up!’s Whisper White card stock then pounced it with Scattered Straw and Broken China Distress Stains from Ranger. I highlighted the “50 Yard” with a book plate from Stampin’ Up!’s Hodge Podge collection.
The football play diagram is from a Google search and printed on Whisper White card stock and the edges were inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink from Ranger. The stickers (football with a flame following, the 50 yard line image, and the epoxy sticker 1st & 10) are from various sheets I have purchased from Scrap Your Trip and adhered to chipboard for most of them. The epoxy sticker is placed atop a piece of scrap paper I have from Scrap Your Trip.
I’ve used my Cricut to cut out the letters for the name using Yo Yo Yellow and Brilliant Blue from Stampin’ Up!. The background is a scrap piece of Close To Cocoa, also from Stampin’ Up!.
I have two more to make today. One for the Oklahoma State University Cowboys and the Kansas University Jayhawks. Tim has made a special request to have a Johnny Cash one made for a friend and colleague. That one is tickling my brain with some Club Scrap papers I have in my stash. It is just a tickle right now.
I hope to have this project completed by this weekend so I can begin creating the boxes for these holders. Shar has a YouTube video on making gift boxes that I’m going to be using. Thank you Shar for doing this video.
Okay, off to get glue covered and ink stained fingers 😀