Yesterday was going to be a day of getting a few cards started and working on the mini album I keep alluding to.
I’ve used the Newsprint paper over the scrap pieces of file folders from the Greeting Card Holder I made. Since it is such a dark combination of papers I’ve added bits of Tempting Turquoise in places to liven it up a bit.
In the process of adding the tags and embellishments I’ve made is a trial in and of itself. Choosing which item to put where. These pages are not very big and I am having to curb my tendency of over doing it with the embellishments.
I’ve kind of boxed myself into a small area to work because of all the stuff I have out.
I think I know know why Tracy has that beautiful brown fabric in her crafting area. To cover up the evidence 🙂
While I’m in the creative spirit, putting things away after I’ve used them is not one of my virtues. I may need that item(s) in just the next few minutes.
The orange and turquoise stuff to the right in the photo are sticker and border pieces from a long discontinued Simply Scrappin’ set from a couple years ago and I hate throwing stuff out just because it is no longer available. I keep telling myself I can make them work but just haven’t found the right application just yet. Keep dreaming girl….
Someday, I’m going to get the Tim Holtz tag thing figured out. Why I have such a block on this I don’t know, but I’ll keep trying.
This time I stamped the images from Artistic Etchings with VersaMark and then used my stash of Perfect Pearls to color the images. I tried to make the colors darker at the bottom of the Eiffel tower and lighter at the top with the copper, bronze, and pearl powders. It sort of worked…at least until I added the key and the crown images and colored them with the Perfect Pearls which got mixed up with the previous applications on the tower.
Oh well, I’ll keep trying.
The key is small and fits well on this smaller sized tag. I like that it is by itself on the ribbon and has a reference to it in the stamped image. What I’ll do with it next I don’t know but maybe it will find its way on something.
I had lofty ambitions of making a whole lot of tags and sending them out to my friends. This should be really easy, I told myself….well it is a bit harder than I had anticipated. Being over critical of my own work and holding it up to a standard (with practice) I want to reach some day. I’m getting there though and still plan on sending out a batch of tags to my friends before I have to go back to work 😦
Casting my thought to cards while the creative spirit is working, I took a whack at the Eat Chocolate stamp set using the die cuts and tags.
A little more thought and practice stamping and these items would be good for maybe a 3″ x 3″ note card or something.
After working on Reilee’s box for a couple hours yesterday then setting it aside to dry I wanted to see how other stamps could be used on these tags, thus the chocolate set.
Speaking of chocolate…I received a package from my daughter in Arizona. The Easter Bunny arrived early at our house with Joe’s and my most favorite candies….Queen Anne Chocolate Covered Cherries. Complete with Easter Grass 🙂
I had to call and thank her for her thoughtfulness. That call lasted for nearly two hours. AT&T Wireless has some problems but I love FREE and since my daughter is with AT&T also then we talk for a long time and I just love it.
After having played with the Window Sheets day before yesterday and having good results with it I had to try something else.
The Window Sheets cut very well with the dies. I cut a piece from the sheet large enough to cover the die and ran it through my Big Shot. Cuts wonderfully well.
With two of the same die cut I poked out the center of the “red” one and attached it with my ATG adhesive behind the “frame” to the window sheet die cut. The red paper is on the outside with the acetate behind it. Then I used VersaMark and black embossing powder (my stash) on the Thank You sentiment. Then I layered the “frame” and acetate over the full die cut beneath. Looks like I’m going to have to make a card now.
So off to work on Reilee’s box and then work at getting stuff used on my table so I can get it cleared off for the next round of projects 🙂