I haven’t colored in such a long time so those skills are really rusty.
After watching videos of so many others coloring I thought I’d give it a try on a small scale. Tracy, of TracysTreasures, has been showing her skill and has enticed me to give it a try.
I stamped the All A Flutter (discontinued) stamp with Staz On to the Window Sheet three times. The first time I twisted the stamp and smeared the image. The second time was a bit better and the third was just right. I was going for a “stained glass” effect by coloring with Stampin’ Write Markers on the back side of the window sheet.
This worked fairly well, although I don’t remember seeing a butterfly in these colors before 🙂 TIP: Allow the markers to fully dry before turning the Window Sheet over. Contact with the paper below, once turned over, allowed the wet marker to wick into the paper. The bright colors became muted then later faded almost totally away.
I stamped the butterfly image with Basic Black ink on a piece of Whisper White card stock, allowed for quite a long drying time, then colored the image with Stampin’ Write Markers.
I cut the image out with the Wide Oval punch and then used the punch on the stamped image on the Window Sheet – the “Good Stamped” image. I placed the punched Window Sheet piece over the card stock.
Using some special adhesive, meant only for translucent papers like Vellum, I attached the acetate to the card stock. Then I mounted both pieces to one of the die cuts done day before yesterday. A dot of gold gel ink (my stash) at the edges softened the starkness of the deep brown of the Chocolate Chip Textured card stock.
Thought I’d try my hand at coloring once again. Light source shading is a bit tricky for me since I don’t know what I’m doing here.
The Fun and Fast Notes is a wood mount set I’ve had since I joined SU a few years ago. The sentiment is pretty close to the bottom of the image. I’ve taken the stamp off the block, I think I’ll cut the sentiment off and have it as a separate image so I don’t get the wonky bit using the Word Window Punch.
Maybe I’ll have to try the “masking technique” next time for the sentiment before I do totally whack it off the stamp.
Once again, I used the merchandise tag from the office supply store for the main image then mounted the sentiment to one of the die cut tags.
Joe has come to the “Bockenstette Hotel” for the night. He arrived at about 2:30 yesterday afternoon so I spent the remainder of the day with him. He’ll be leaving in a couple hours to make his delivery by Friday to Greensboro, North Carolina.
After he has gone I’m going to work on Reilee’s wooden box. While the glue is drying I’ll play some more with the tags and flower die cuts.