First, the “Trash Can Chronicles”…it is still hanging from the side of my table. Slapped that piece of metal tape on it yesterday mid morning and it was still hanging there this morning. End of that saga….until I have to peel the tape off to dump the basket after I’ve missed the bag insert several times. Oh well, that is something to be worried about much later and not now. :o)
Time is ticking away. There are only three days left in this month. Can you believe it? That also means there are only three days left to the Sale-A-Bration opportunity.
Yesterday, I had one of those days that was not conducive in getting things done. My mind would not stay on any one thing for very long and everything I did to poor Reilee’s wooden box had to be taken off again. My fingers weren’t working right and my heart was just not in it. The time for my leaving for back out on the road is fast approaching and there is a lot of things yet to do.
When I have days like this, depression niggling at the corners of my brain, I do some “rogue experimenting”. Kind of like guerrilla warfare on my thoughts and feelings. Days like this I have to attack the “Whining” and annihilate it.
Who doesn’t love the look of Tim Holtz tags?
Since I have a box full of these merchandise tags I figured it was time to get that box out and see what I could come up with. A “love” stamp from the Tiny Tags stamp set was used on the right hand tag. The other two images are from the Artistic Etchings set. The left tag is using the key and flourish like stamp from the Artistic Etchings set. I’ve used Basic Black for the right tag and Creamy Caramel on the left tag. The key has been embossed with non SU gold powder. The backgrounds of both of these tags were sprayed or blobbed on with my “brew” of SU ink refill sprays.
I’ve had this set of four (4) Sizzlits from SU for quite a while. This is the number 1 label die in the set. I’ve used the Word Window Punch on the rectangular tag and the Modern Label Punch on the fancy die in the set. I’m thinking of using rub-ons to give the tags their “names”.
The papers are really old and discontinued SU paper that I’ve had in scraps.
This die in the set has a perforation around the inside if you want to use it as a frame. I’ve used the Extra Large Oval Punch (the old black style is known as the “Wide Oval”) on another scrap piece of discontinued paper. The die, itself, is cut from a piece of Chocolate Chip Textured Card Stock – another scrap piece I had.
I have a mini I’m working on and it is in desperate need of some pops of interest.
This is the third die in the set of four. I’ve used it on another piece of discontinued paper scrap.
Using a glue pen (my stash) to the print and adding Dazzling Diamonds makes for a pretty spot of shine and texture.
This little die cut would be really cute with a button or small flower attached.
This die has a perforated top edge that can be folded over for a tiny pocket tag.
Using the white Gel Pen #105021, faux stitching lines have been added around the outer area of the Chocolate Chip Textured Card Stock scrap piece then an inset of another piece of discontinued scrap paper punched out with the Large Square Punch. The orange bit at the top is a sticker from a discontinued scrapbook SU set.
The three flower punch has been discontinued. Using more scraps of discontinued paper for the three flowers and the Extra Large Oval punch, a stamped image from Artistic Etchings stamp set and some Basic Rhinestones #119246 make this die cut look really good.
This one set of Sizzlit dies, along with your store of punches, can be a “multi-tasker” in your card making arsenal. Use up your scraps of paper with these dies to create something fresh and new. These die cuts are just the right size for mini albums also.
And last, but not least is a flower I’ve made. Yes. As you can see I did work on my “Glitter Phobia” and pressed on ahead to my “Flower Phobia”.
Using more of my scrap pieces of discontinued SU paper and a square gem from my stash this flower was created.
Stealing a technique I’ve seen on YouTube. Wetting the pieces with my SU ink refill brews, squishing them and wadding them up then drying them with the heat tool and carefully opening each piece up and layering them together this flower was created.
By the end of the day I felt pretty darn good with my “rouge experiments”.